Business partnerships, like any relationship, can have their ups and downs. In some cases, partners will recognize that their business relationship is simply not working and needs to end. In other cases, partners may be in the midst of a disagreement and not know whether a business divorce would make sense or should even be pursued.
If you’re seeking a business divorce or facing the question of whether or not dissolving a business partnership would make sense, you should seek the guidance of a qualified business divorce attorney. A good business divorce attorney will prioritize your best interests, protect your rights, and preserve as many assets as possible—just as a good divorce attorney would do during a divorce between spouses.
At O’Toole Atwell in Austin, TX, our attorneys understand that just because a business divorce involves “business” matters, it doesn’t mean that it’s not a highly stressful, emotional, and challenging time. All involved stand to lose something that they’ve worked very hard to build over several years. The dissolution of a business can mean the death of a dream, the loss of an income, even the loss of a friendship.
That’s why you need legal representation with the experience and know-how to get results. Our business divorce attorneys in Austin, TX have represented clients on a wide range of business litigation matters such as:
- Protecting law firms against “grab and go” resignations.
- Negotiating and overseeing buy-outs.
- Helping business firms develop succession plans.
- Enforcing post-expulsion restrictions against competition.
- Negotiating the exit of dissenting minority shareholders.
- Enforcing agreements among members for the purchase and sale of interests negotiated in connection with a business divorce.
- Litigating the removal of non-productive members.
- Representing parties in oppressed shareholder actions.
- Negotiating the transition of businesses when a principal shareholder retires.
- Litigating the expulsion of a member from a limited liability company.
- Securing injunctions to prevent managers from acting in a manner prejudicial to the minority interests.
- Helping business partners come to agreements so the business can continue.
Don’t hesitate to contact O’Toole Atwell in Austin, TX, even if you just need to start by getting the answers to your questions. Calling today might just be the wisest business decision you’ve yet to make.
Call For A Consultation
Business & Commercial Litigation